At a recent Town Hall meeting, it was suggested that the City form a volunteer advisory committee to help shape the future of parks and recreational facilities in Riverdale. There are a variety of issues currently on the table involving parks and Council Member Kelly Krell is hard at work trying to help manage progress on each one – but she could use a hand.
Those issues include:
- Identifying and replacing old playground equipment in Bicentennial Park
- New landscaping for Volunteer Square
- Evaluating the foliage and landscaping in all of the city’s parks
- Discussing opportunities to better utilize the MRT which runs the length of the city
- Addressing concerns of Havens Acres residents with regard to the MRT and reducing bike traffic through the neighborhood
- Development of a comprehensive parks plan for the City of Riverdale
- Dealing with invasive species threatening the city’s parks and wild places
If you’re interested in helping with the City’s parks, please click on the button below and send us a message.