ARCONIC and the Waste Commission of Scott County are holding an event for employees of ARCONIC and Riverdale residents, allowing you to bring e-waste and hazardous materials to the ARCONIC main parking lot for collection. Electronic waste processing costs are covered by ARCONIC.
WHERE: ARCONIC Main Parking Lot; 4879 State Street
WHEN: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 from 2pm – 6:15pm
Electronic Waste Guidelines
- Examples of electronic waste include: computers, monitors, laptops, TVs, VCRs, DVD players, stereos, radios, video game equipment, printers, scanners and digital cameras.
- Household or personal care appliances (e.g. hair dryers, electric razors) are not included.
All material is processed by the Waste Commission of Scott County’s Electronic Demanufacturing Facility. The facility is R2 (Responsible Recycling) Certified, ensuring environmental stewardship and data security.
Hazardous Material Guidelines
- Examples of hazardous material accepted at the event include: paints, stains, varnishes, pesticides, fertilizers, weed killers, bug killers, cleaners, automotive fluids, adhesives, resins and fluorescent bulbs.
- Containers cannot be returned.
- Please label containers that are unmarked.
- Glass containers should be packed to prevent breakage.
- Please keep items in original containers and never mix materials together.
All material is processed by the Waste Commission of Scott County’s Household Hazardous Material Facility.
NOTE: Please remain in your vehicle. Smoking is not allowed. Please do not bring tires, appliances or business waste.