A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, March 24th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting and FY 21 Budget Public Hearing on Tue, Mar 24, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 713-435-397
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (646) 749-3112 and use the access code (713-435-397) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just go to: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/713435397 to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
A Public Hearing on the FY 21 Budget
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
Resolutions addressing the following:
- Consideration of a 28E Agreement with Scott Community College for a Joint Contract for Lawn Mowing Services (tabled from our previous Council Meeting)
- Consideration of a Professional Services Agreement with MSA to manage the Havens Acres Roadway Rehabilitation Project
- Consideration of Approval and Certification of the Proposed FY 21 Budget for the City of Riverdale
- Consideration of a Proposed Delay of the April 4th Egg Hunt
- Consideration of a Proposed Budget Reduction for the Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation (Phase I) project
Discussion of various items include:
- An update on the Parks & Trails Needs Assessment Project
- Next steps on boundary fence construction along the MRT in Riverdale
- Next steps on improvements to the parking lot on Bellingham Road to encourage more bike riders to use the MRT loop around Havens Acres
- An update on the Invasive Plants Audit conducted by Quercus
- Status of IT Upgrades being made by the City
- Update on City Hall staffing/personnel search
- Discussion of activities undertaken by the City in response to the COVID-19 outbreak
- A review of the State’s review of Riverdale’s FY 19 Annual Financial Report and records
- A review of the City’s insurance costs for the coming year
- A review of additional accounting/finance projects the City faces in the coming months
- Possible next steps to be taken to provide relief to small businesses in Riverdale distressed by the COVID-19 outbreak
- Next steps on the Citywide Clean-up on April 18
- Review of pre-construction meetings held in the past two weeks
- Discussion of possible e-waste recycling drop off service provided by the City
- An update on the Landscaping Program awarded to Quercus
- Expected census activities of note in March and April
- Next steps needed for Tour de Brew (May)
- Next steps to be taken to ensure the City is ready for flooding this spring
- Next steps to be taken with regard to nuisance property in the Fenno Hill neighborhood
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (Please note, this file is approximately 5 MB.)
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
Meeting minutes can be found here.