A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, March 10th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting and FY 21 Budget Public Hearing on Tue, Mar 24, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 713-435-397
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (646) 749-3112 and use the access code (713-435-397) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just go to: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/713435397 to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
A Public Hearing on the FY 21 Budget
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
Resolutions addressing the following:
- Consideration of a 28E Agreement with Scott Community College for a Joint Contract for Lawn Mowing Services (tabled from our previous Council Meeting)
- Consideration of a Professional Services Agreement with MSA to manage the Havens Acres Roadway Rehabilitation Project
- Consideration of Approval and Certification of the Proposed FY 21 Budget for the City of Riverdale
- Consideration of a Proposed Delay of the April 4th Egg Hunt
- Consideration of a Proposed Budget Reduction for the Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation (Phase I) project
Discussion of various items include:
- An update on the Parks & Trails Needs Assessment Project
- Next steps on boundary fence construction along the MRT in Riverdale
- Next steps on improvements to the parking lot on Bellingham Road to encourage more bike riders to use the MRT loop around Havens Acres
- An update on the Invasive Plants Audit conducted by Quercus
- Status of IT Upgrades being made by the City
- Update on City Hall staffing/personnel search
- Discussion of activities undertaken by the City in response to the COVID-19 outbreak
- A review of the State’s review of Riverdale’s FY 19 Annual Financial Report and records
- A review of the City’s insurance costs for the coming year
- A review of additional accounting/finance projects the City faces in the coming months
- Possible next steps to be taken to provide relief to small businesses in Riverdale distressed by the COVID-19 outbreak
- Next steps on the Citywide Clean-up on April 18
- Review of pre-construction meetings held in the past two weeks
- Discussion of possible e-waste recycling drop off service provided by the City
- An update on the Landscaping Program awarded to Quercus
- Expected census activities of note in March and April
- Next steps needed for Tour de Brew (May)
- Next steps to be taken to ensure the City is ready for flooding this spring
- Next steps to be taken with regard to nuisance property in the Fenno Hill neighborhood
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (Please note, this file is approximately 5 MB.)
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on April 14, 2020.