A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, January 12, 2021 at 7:00pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Attendance at this meeting is limited online attendance only.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 (from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- REVIEW/APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
- AGENDA MODIFICATIONS/ADJUSTMENTS
- Requests by Mayor/Council Members to Move Items off the Consent Agenda
- Requests by Members of the Public to Address the Council
- APPROVAL OF THE AMENDED AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT AGENDA
All items under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
- Council Meeting Minutes from December 8, 2020
- Approval of Warrants for December 22, 2020
- Approval of the Treasurer’s Financial Reports 2nd half of month, December 2020
- Approval of the Treasurer’s Financial Reports 1st half of month, January 2021
- PRESENTATIONS AND PROJECT UPDATES
Presentations regarding on-going work and projects by City staff and consultants.
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- Administrative Summary
- MSA ENGINEER’S ACTIVITY REPORT
- Project Review Summary
- FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
- RFD Report to Council
- PUBLIC WORKS REPORT
3.4.1 Maintenance Report to Council
- Report for 12/18 – 12/24/20
- Report for 12/25 – 12/31/20
- Report for 01/01/2021 – 1/07/2021
3.4.2 Fenno Road Water Main Break
3.5 WOODS ESTATES DEVELOPMENT REPORT
3.5.1 Developer’s Report to Council
- PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
Audience questions and comments for specific items on the agenda. The public is invited to comment on items on the approved agenda at this time. Audience members wishing to comment on items not on the agenda may offer comment at the public comment period near the end of the agenda.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
6.1.1 Ordinance 2020-03 – Ordinance Dedicating Water Service Lines Under City Streets to Iowa-American Water Company
- OTHER COUNCIL ACTION
- DISCUSSION AGENDA
- FIRE AND PUBLIC SAFETY
- Officer Elections
- Capital Plan and Long-Range Vision
- Update on Purchase and Installation of New Air Compressor
- BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Council Goal Setting Session on January 9, 2021 at 9am
- Public Works
8.3.1 Review of Easement and Hold Harmless Agreements for Drainage Issues
- REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
9.2 28E AGREEMENT BODIES
- EXECUTIVE ACTIONS
- Extension of City Facilities Shutdown through February 28, 2021
- GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT/COMMUNICATIONS TO THE COUNCIL
Audience questions and comments for issues not on the agenda. The public is invited to comment on items of individual or general concern.
OTHER MEETINGS/CITY EVENTS OF NOTE (all meetings will be held online)
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, January 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Mayor’s Town Hall Meeting Sunday, January 24, 2021 2:00 pm
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:00 pm
Public Hearing: Max Levy for FY22 Budget Tuesday, February 9, 2021 7:00 pm
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, February 9, 2021 7:30 pm
Mayor’s Town Hall Meeting Sunday, February 21, 2021 2:00 pm
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, March 9,2021 7:00 pm
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, March 16, 2021 7:00 pm
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (42 pages)
The Treasurer’s Report to the City Council can be found here.
A copy of the Administrator’s Notes from City Administrator Kent Royster can be found here.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A copy of the report from the Riverdale Volunteer Fire Department can be found here.
A copy of the Mayor’s public health proclamation extending the closing of City Hall and the playgrounds/parks can be found here.
A copy of the proposed ordinance for conveyance of privately-owned water service lines under the City’s streets can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on January12, 2021.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please contact City Hall and one can be copied and mailed to you at a cost of $.25 per page, plus postage ($19.30 total)