The Riverdale City Council will hold a special work session on Tuesday evening, May 26th at 6pm. Furthermore, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Since the meeting deals with personnel matters and all candidates for the position in question have requested the search committee meet in closed session to keep their identities confidential, a portion of this meeting will take place under Chapter 24.5 (i) of the Code of the State of Iowa and the online public meeting will be terminated shortly after the meeting starts so the Council will be able to go into closed session.
Attending the Meeting Online
The general public is able to attend the first part of the meeting (approximately 5-10 minutes), but then the meeting will be moved into closed session in a private chat and the online meeting for the general public will be ended (since we are only able to host one meeting at a time). Once the closed session has wrapped up, the Council will resume its meeting in public, ending shortly before the regular Council Meeting at 7pm.
Please note: a summary of what was discussed at this work session (both public and closed parts) will be discussed in detail during the Council Meeting at 7pm.
The items and issues to be discussed as part of this meeting include:
Presentations to the City Council by the Search Consultant:
- A review of key dates in the interview and selection process.
- A review of the candidates for the city administrator/city clerk position.
- A review of typical questions asked during the interview process.
- A review of packet information required for successful interviews.
Serving as the Search Committee, the City Council will discuss the following:
- Strengths and weaknesses of candidates for the position under consideration.
- Available dates for online and in-person interviews.
- Questions for candidates.
- Ranking of candidates supplied by the Search Consultant.
- Discussion of items to be included in the draft of the proposed employment agreement.
In addition to a review of candidates, the Search Committee will also:
- Review questions from the Search Consultant on the deputy clerk position
- Discuss items for the information packet to candidates
A copy of the full agenda can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted (without identifying information of individual candidates) following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on June 9, 2020.