A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, September 8th at 7:15pm (following a public hearing scheduled for 7pm). Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference and with limited attendance in the Community Room at City Hall.
Attendance at this meeting is limited to 15 people in-person, others can attend online. If you choose to attend in-person, you will be required to wear a face mask while in the building.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 (from 7:15 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Report from the City Administrator of Staff activities since the last City Council Meeting
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development on the Woods Estates of Riverdale subdivision
Resolutions addressing the following:
- A Resolution to approve fees and a process for permitting sanitary sewer work and rehabilitation
- A Resolution to approve and adopt the annual street financial report to the Iowa DOT for FY 20
- A Resolution to authorize staff to prepare for the expenditure of up to $55,000 for a mobile air compressor unit for the use of the Riverdale Fire Department
Discussion of various items include:
- Suggestions of people to serve on an advisory committee to review issues surrounding the connection between the MRT and Duck Creek Bike Trail
- Council member attendance at the upcoming Iowa league of Cities Conference
- Production of a 2021 city calendar
- Establishing an emergency fund for the City
- Need for photography of damaged property from the August 10 storm
- A review of the Parks & Trails Assessment report prepared by MSA
- Fall Fest
- The Purple Bull Run
- Trick or Treat options
- Bookmobile appearances
- Next steps in the “Meals-to-Go” program
- Possible joint project with Panorama Park
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (49 pages)
A copy of the Administrator’s Notes from City Administrator Kent Royster can be found here.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on September 22, 2020.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Mon-Fri) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.