Frequently Asked Questions

You have questions? We have answers.

You have more questions, let us know and we’ll post the answer here for everyone!

When are City Council Meetings?
City Council Meetings are held at 7pm at Riverdale City hall on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. For exact dates and times, check out our Community Calendar.

You can also look for meeting notices when they are posted to this website and review agendas, meeting packets, minutes and recordings from our Documents Library. Material more than a year old may not be found on this website. If that’s the case, you can complete an online document request form and you’ll be notified via email when the documents are ready for you to pick up/download.

How do I reserve the Community Room at City Hall?

The Community Room at City Hall is Wi-Fi enabled, has a sound and video system and includes a kitchen with sink and refrigerator. It’s great for meetings and parties and is available for rent by Riverdale Residents.

All you have to do is call City Hall during regular business hours (Tuesday – Thursday between 10am and 5pm) to reserve a time.

Please note, a rental agreement must be signed and a rental fee of $30 plus a refundable key deposit must be paid before the reservation is complete. Alcohol is permitted with approval of the City Council. An alcohol request can be completed at the time the rental agreement is signed and fees paid.

When is City Hall open?

Riverdale City Hall is open every Tuesday through Thursday from 10am to 5pm. Part-time staff and volunteers may be present at other times, but if you require specific services from paid City staff, these regular business hours are the best time to reach and meet with them.

The address and phone number for City Hall is:

City of Riverdale
110 Manor Drive
Riverdale, Iowa  52722

Phone: 563-355-2211

Can I burn my yard waste?
Riverdale residents are allowed to burn their yard waste – but only landscape waste that is the place of origin for that waste. Burning on city streets or in burn barrels is not permitted.

You can not burn construction materials. That waste must be hauled away.

Fires cannot be left unattended or left to burn after sundown.

How do I get rid of my Christmas Tree?
Need to dispose of your Christmas tree? No problem. Trees are picked up with regular garbage every Monday during the month of January.

Don’t take your Christmas decorations down until after January? You might want to consider an artificial tree next time.

Latest News