A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, December 8th at 7:00pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference and with limited attendance in the Community Room at City Hall.
Attendance at this meeting is limited online attendance only.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Report from the City Administrator of Staff activities since the last City Council Meeting
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development on the Woods Estates of Riverdale subdivision
A City Ordinance:
- A City Ordinance dedicating the water service lines under the City’s streets to Iowa-American Water Company (first reading)
Resolutions addressing the following:
- A Resolution to authorize the Mayor to sign FEMA paperwork related to a grant to repay the City for expenses incurred as a result of the August Derecho event
- A Resolution to accept the total quantities for the Havens Acres Roadway Rehabilitation Project completed earlier this year
- A Resolution to designate the “official publications” of the City of Riverdale for 2021
Discussion of various items include:
- Closing City Hall, playgrounds, parks and gathering places through the end of the year due to the COVID-19 pandemic health emergency
- Plans for remote work by City staff during the shutdown
- Officer elections from the Riverdale Fire Department
- Possible actions to stem/eliminate motorized vehicular traffic on the MRT and in City parks
- An update on the budget intake meetings held in November
- A general discussion regarding the proposed urban renewal zone and related plan for the Fenno Hill area as well as plans for more community input and scheduling considerations
- Recruitment of a new commissioner to the City’s Planning & Zoning Commission
- Implications of a proposed ordinance to convey water service lines under the City’s streets to Iowa-American Water Company
- An update on planned holiday activities by the City during December
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (42 pages)
The Treasurer’s Report to the City Council can be found here.
A copy of the Administrator’s Notes from City Administrator Kent Royster can be found here.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A copy of the report from the Riverdale Volunteer Fire Department can be found here.
A copy of the Mayor’s public health proclamation extending the closing of City Hall and the playgrounds/parks can be found here.
A copy of the proposed ordinance for conveyance of privately-owned water service lines under the City’s streets can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on January12, 2021.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please contact City Hall and one can be copied and mailed to you at a cost of $.25 per page, plus postage ($19.30 total)