A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, October 13th at 7:00pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference and with limited attendance in the Community Room at City Hall.
Attendance at this meeting is limited to 15 people in-person, others can attend online. If you choose to attend in-person, you will be required to wear a face mask while in the building.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Report from the City Administrator of Staff activities since the last City Council Meeting
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development on the Woods Estates of Riverdale subdivision
Resolutions addressing the following:
- A Resolution to approve a professional services agreement with MSA for engineering services related to a proposed urban renewal plan for the Fenno Hill area
- A Resolution to approve the change of some street names in the Woods Estates subdivision
- A Resolution to establish a date for a public hearing to discuss the proposed urban renewal plan and TIF ordinance for the Fenno Hill area
Discussion of various items include:
- Requests for key dates for meetings and events to include on a City calendar planned for a December publication
- Changes made to the City’s Chart of Accounts
- Work on the preparation of an urban renewal plan for the Fenno Hill area and what it means for the City
- Details of the Citywide clean-up planned for October 17
- Status of snow removal services for this coming winter
- Holiday celebration plans for the City and residents
- A proposed “spring fling” event in Woods Estates in 2021
- Development of a long-term vision for the RFD and plans for the October 25 open house
- Budget planning for FY22
- Issues surrounding on-going concerns about the gate across the sidewalk extension at the south end of Kensington Street in Havens Acres
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (67 pages)
A copy of the Administrator’s Notes from City Administrator Kent Royster can be found here.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
Additional reports to Council include:
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on October 27, 2020.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Mon-Fri) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.