A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, July 28th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference and with limited attendance in the Community Room at City Hall (maximum capacity is 25 people).
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Report from the City Administrator of Staff activities since the last City Council Meeting
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development on the Woods Estates of Riverdale subdivision
Resolutions addressing the following:
- A Resolution to conditionally authorize an assessment of the storm water drainage and management under SCC Drive and the entrance to the college at Highway 67.
- A Resolution to approve a proposal for park drawings from MSA.
- A Resolution to approve a tree/brush removal proposal for Bicentennial Park from The Davey Tree Company.
- A Resolution to approve changing the authorizing signatories on the City’s various bank accounts.
- A Resolution approving the staff recommendation for an employee health benefit plan (for full-time employees).
Discussion of various items include:
- A review of proposed identity materials for the City.
- An update on the city’s plan to improve how it manages documents and archives material
- A status report on the MRT/Havens Acres situation
- A report on the City’s annual IPERS review
- A schedule of required reports and deadlines for the City
- Mid-Year updates on landscaping, mowing, invasive species controls, etc.
- A report on smoke testing the interceptor sewer line under Hwy 67
- A discussion about Fall Fest (scheduled for October 3)
- A “Meals-to-Go” progress report
- A review of the City’s COVID-19 protocols
- Updates on the ventilation system installation and the repair of the fire department’s air compressor
- An update on establishing playground “barriers” around the perimeter of the parks
- An update on the proposed facade improvement program
- An update on city entrance/landmark signage
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (70 pages)
A copy of the Administrator’s Notes from City Administrator Kent Royster can be found here.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on August 11, 2020.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Mon-Fri) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.