A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, June 23rd at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference and with limited attendance in the Community Room at City Hall (maximum capacity is 25 people).
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
New Ordinance to the Riverdale City Code:
- Second Reading of new sections to the Code for the City of Riverdale (Sections 95.301 – 95.307) establishing a Sewer/Utility Review Committee.
Resolutions addressing the following:
- A Resolution approving the employment agreement for the position of Deputy Clerk for the City of Riverdale.
- A Resolution authorizing the engagement of MSA Engineering Services to oversee the installation of a gate on the fence along the south sidewalk of the walking path attached to the Hwy 67 bridge over Duck Creek.
- A Resolution authorizing the engagement of MSA Engineering Services to assess the state of the storm water sewer running on the west side of Manor Drive hill.
Discussion of various items include:
- Staffing plan considerations once full-time staff is on-board by July 6, 2020
- Changing operating hours for City Hall as of July 6, 2020
- Creating a drop-off site at City Hall for community e-waste
- Accounting services mid-year review
- FY20 budget amendments update
- Progress on alternative trail connector routes with the City of Bettendorf, Iowa DOT, QC-area biking and running clubs
- Drainage concerns at the intersection of Hwy 67 and the SCC entrance
- Hosting a virtual 4th of July on social media
- Parks and trails survey progress
- SCC master planning update
- Meals-to-Go progress report
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members wil be uploaded on Sunday.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A report from the mayor covering administrative work over the last two weeks will be uploaded on Sunday.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on July 14, 2020.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Tue-Thu) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.