A special meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, June 9th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference and with limited attendance in the Community Room at City Hall (maximum capacity is 25 people).
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
- An update from the Staff Search and Selection Committee
Resolutions addressing the following:
- The FIRST READING of a new CITY ORDINANCE establishing a Sewer/Utility Review Committee for the City of Riverdale
- A Resolution to Compensate Mayor Bawden for Services Provided as Interim City Administrator between March 15 and June 30, 2020
- A Resolution to Establish a Standard of a Locked Gate Between the MRT and Kensington Street on City Property
- A Resolutions to Approve a Proposed Study of Pedestrian and Bike Traffic Over the Cement Path Between the MRT and South Kensington Street
- Resolution to Approve Payment of Outstanding Invoices After June 23 and Before July 1, 2020
Discussion of various items include:
- A summary of IT equipment repairs needed
- Updates on mid-year reviews of accounting, groundskeeping/mowing and landscaping services
- A review of the insurance audit conducted in May
- An updated schedule for a public hearing and passage of budget amendments for FY20
- A final review of the Ice Cream Social event held on June 6
- An update on the Meals-To-Go program
- A review of new guidelines for park, playground and gathering place usage during the on-going COVID-19 public health crisis
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (101 pages, total)
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A report from the mayor covering administrative work over the last two weeks can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on June 23, 2020.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Tue-Thu) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.