A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, May 26th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tue, May 26, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 569-793-517
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (872) 240-3212 and use the access code (569-793-517) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
- An update from the Staff Search and Selection Committee
Resolutions addressing the following:
- The FIRST READING of a new CITY ORDINANCE establishing a Sewer/Utility Review Committee for the City of Riverdale
- A Resolution to Certify Certain Past Due Sewer Fees as Past Due Taxes and Pursue a Tax Lien on Property in the City of Riverdale
- A Resolution to Approve Recommendations on Moving Forward with the Staff Search/Selection Process
- Resolutions to Approve Payments to Contractors on the Havens Acres Roadway Rehabilitation Project, the Fieldcrest Drainage Way Project (Phase I) and the Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation Project (Phase I)
- Resolutions to Approve Guidelines for Opening the City’s Parks, Playgrounds and Public Meeting Places in Light of the COVID-19 Outbreak
Discussion of various items include:
- An update on the Parks & Trails Survey currently underway
- A quick review of where things stand on a Tree Management Program
- A final call for tech issues to review as part of the City’s IT Upgrade
- An update on the Long-Term Budgeting Project kicking off in June
- A review of the timeline for a Public Hearing and Approval of FY 20 Budget Amendments
- An update on how things are progressing on the Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation Project
- An update on modifications being made at City Hall and the Fire Station
- Information on XStream Clean-Up and how residents can participate
- Updates on the Ice Cream Social and Community Conversations programs
- A quick review of recent PPE purchases made through SCEMA
- Questions for the Council to gauge their interest in a strategic planning process for the fire department
- An update on the Meals-To-Go program
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here (note: the Council Packet is 99 pages in length).
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A report from the mayor covering administrative work over the last two weeks can be found here.
Meeting minutes will be posted following their approval at the following meeting of the City Council on June 9, 2020.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Tue-Thu) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.