A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, May 12th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting on Tue, May 12, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 418-666-325
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (646) 749-3122 and use the access code (266-590-501) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
- An update from the Staff Search and Selection Committee
Resolutions addressing the following:
- Re-consideration of Approval of the Final Plat for Phase 2 of the Woods Estates Subdivision
- Consideration of Approval of the Recommendations of the Search Committee for Recruitment of Full-Time Staff, and for Intermediate Staff Support During the Recruitment Process
- Consideration of Amending Resident Qualifications for Participation in the Meal Delivery Program Funded by an Iowa CDBG Grant in FY21
- Consideration of Purchase Authorization for New Signage Along the Mississippi River Trail to Notify Bikers and Pedestrians of Route Changes
Discussion of various items include:
- An update on the boundary fence project to be built along the MRT in Riverdale
- A review of the City’s progress on a tree management program
- A final status report on the IT upgrade at City Hall
- A review of the plan to begin long-range budget planning for the City of Riverdale
- Overviews of new accounting projects to clear up confusion over TIF accounting and Sewer Utility fund and rate accounting
- A review of documents provided to Council Members regarding the proposed FY 20 Budget Amendments
- Update on landscaping the City’s grounds
- Fieldcrest Drainage Way Completion Update
- Discussion of roof repair and other maintenance issues at City Hall
- Proposed X-Stream Clean-up activities in Riverdale during the summer
- A review of events planned for through the summer
- Update on Friday Night Community Conversation program
- An update on the installation of the flood gauge on Duck Creek in the Havens Acres area
- A final report on the coyote trapping program for the season
- An update on the Meals-To-Go program that kicked off this past week
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here (note: the Council Packet is 94 pages in length).
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A report from the mayor covering administrative work over the last two weeks can be found here.
Meeting minutes can be found here.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Tue-Thu) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.