A regular meeting of the Riverdale City Council will take place on Tuesday evening, April 28th at 7pm. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the meeting will be held virtually as a GoToMeeting web conference.
Attending the Meeting Online
To attend the City Council Meeting and FY 21 Budget Public Hearing on Tue, April 28, 2020 (from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM), just join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone by clicking on the button or this link. You can access the meeting by using the access code: 418-666-325
Not comfortable joining online? You can dial into the meeting with your phone, just call: (224) 501-3412 and use the access code (418-666-325) when prompted.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended you get the GoToMeeting app and install it on your computer before the meeting starts so you’ll be ready when we begin.
Just Click Here to download the app.
Among the other issues to be considered and discussed by the City Council:
Presentations to the City Council include:
- Reports by the Fire Chief and Maintenance Department
- City Engineer’s Progress Report on a variety of projects
- Status Report from Woods Construction & Development
Resolutions addressing the following:
- Consideration of Approval of the Final Plat for Phase 2 of the Woods Estates Subdivision
- Consideration of a No-Interest Loan Program for Riverdale-based Businesses Affected by the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Consideration of Authorizing the Hiring of a Part-Time, Summer Administrative Intern for the City of Riverdale, Iowa
- Consideration of Authorizing $1,000 in Matching Funds for a “Trees Please!” Grant Award from MidAmerican Energy
- Consideration of the Proposed Budget for Volunteer Firefighter Recognition and Support for FY21
- Consideration of Authorizing an Additional $9,000 for the Fieldcrest Drainage Way Project (Phase I)
- Consideration of Authorizing $7,500 for a Senior/LMI Meal Delivery Program to be Funded by an Iowa CDBG Grant in FY21
A Motion will be discussed regarding the following:
- Action to create a bike-friendly space in the Bellingham Road parking lot near the Mississippi River Trail
- Action to hold a public hearing, amend and approve proposed adjustments to the FY20 budget for the CIty of Riverdale
- Action to clean and inspect the privately-owned drainage lines behind homes in the 200 block of Manor Drive so possible project scope can be defined and budgets determined
Discussion of various items include:
- Next steps on boundary fence construction along the MRT in Riverdale
- An explanation of the We Need Trees Grant program
- An update on the Invasive Plant Study
- A summary report on the IT upgrade that has been completed at City Hall
- Update on City Hall staffing, job definitions and process development
- Update on the recovery of costs associated with repair of a retaining wall surrounding a storm intake catch basin on the east side of Manor Drive hill which was damaged in an auto accident
- A review of the plan to begin long-range budget planning for the City of Riverdale
- Overviews of new accounting projects to clear up confusion over TIF accounting and Sewer Utility fund and rate accounting
- An explanation of the CDBG Grant Application to IEDA
- Update on landscaping the City’s grounds
- Fieldcrest Drainage Way updates
- Discussion of hail damage to City Hall roof and associated projects
- Plans for resumption of curbside yard waste collection
- Need to meet with Fenno Drive residents to discuss sanitary sewer project
- Proposed X-Stream Clean-up activities in Riverdale during the summer
- Plans for the citywide appliance pick-up on May 1
- A review of events planned for through the summer
- Discussion of having Friday Night Community Conversations online
- An update on the installation of the flood gauge on Duck Creek in the Havens Acres area
- Concerns about nuisance properties in the Fenno Hill neighborhood
- An update on issues surrounding coyote trapping near the Woods Estates neighborhood
A copy of the agenda for the meeting can be found here.
A copy of the information packet sent to Council Members can be found here. (Please note, this document is 88 pages long* and the file is approximately 9.4 MB.)
A memo that spells out recommended next steps and a time line for the final plat of the second phase of the Woods Estates Subdivision can be found here.
A summary memo explaining the proposed no-interest loan program for Riverdale-based, small businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak can be found here.
A copy of the City Engineer’s report from MSA can be found here.
A report from the mayor covering administrative work over the last two weeks can be found here.
Meeting minutes can be found here.
* NOTE: If you would like a copy of the Council Packet or Budget Report, please call City Hall during regular business hours (10-5pm, Tue-Thu) and one can be made for you at a cost of $.25 per page.